Friday, May 9, 2008

I won 1st prize!!

Ben had a wedding today.

I decided to stay home and do nothing today with Dom!! I did a few loads of washing and Dom and I played outside on the trampoline and swings etc, but I didn't want to go anywhere!

We went to school and picked up Kenz and I talked to a couple of the parents there. When we got home the house alarm had gone off and there were several messages that the back to base security mob were sending security around (but I cancelled that) as there was nothing wrong at home. It's always McKenzie's room that seems to go off - but I don't know why it did this time.

Then child care phoned to say I had won First Prize in the Mother's Day Raffle! I couldn't believe it!! I got a huge basket with a dressing gown and slippers, a big box of Whitman's sampler chocolates, a bottle of champers and some white musk body lotion and shower gell.

So we raced off at 4pm to go pick them up as I wanted to have them for Mothers' Day!

I cooked corned beef for dinner - the meat was wonderful, but the mashed potatoes and the white sauce were another story. Very hard to cook a roast dinner when the kids are mucking up.

Ben got home from his wedding around 6.30pm.

I ironed for 2 hours!!

No comments: