Thursday, January 17, 2008

The Workshops Railway Museum, Ipswich

Today Ben and I took the kids to the Workshops Railway Museum to see the Friends of Thomas (the tank engine) 2008 show!

Friends of Thomas 2008 - Thomas the Tank Engine and ‘Sir Topham Hatt, The Fat Controller’ return for The Workshops Rail Museum’s annual signature event. Make sure you’re part of all the BIG LOUD FUN as they enjoy their summertime holidays at The Workshops Rail Museum.

We went with Ian and his 2 kids, Amanda (who does some album designing for Ben, her husband Michael and their little girl, and Kath and her 2 kids.

I guess the best way to explain what the museum is like is that it's a wholly interactive rail museum, coupled with the oldest continually operating railway workshops in Australia.

There was heaps for the kids to see and do. As long as they could climb on a train, or play on the wooden train sets (Dominic's favourite), they were happy!! We spent nearly 4 hours here.

After we got home, Dom had a sleep and Kenz and I went grocery shopping, had a look in Loot, bought contact and paper to cover McKenzie's books - she has 18 of them that need covering, and then went home.

Ben didn't have an appointment tonight, so I raced out to the 7pm Body Balance class - it's a great class and I feel a lot more relaxed afterwards. (By the looks of the photo above, I think I need to get to the gym as much as possible! I look like I'm about 6 months pregnant in that photo!!!!)

No comments: