Thursday, January 10, 2008

I made it to the gym

I headed to the gym for an 8.30am start - booked the kids into the creche - and off I went with Dena and Renae to the treadmills. Ok these guys have been twice before, so I knew I wouldn't be able to keep up with them - and there was NO way I could run for 20 minutes on a treadmill - so I managed to walk and jog for 11 minutes (ok the walk part was part of my warm up, but I still lasted for 11 minutes!). Then I got on the bikes and then I did a 30 minute circuit.

I actually felt quite motivated after doing an hour of exercise and I guess it's really "MY time" as I don't have to rush around after the kids and I don't have to think of anyone or anything else besides myself - nice!

Then we raced off to do the grocery shopping, had morning tea - I was famished - and then we met Stella and her 2 kids at McDonalds Cannon Hill - but I was good - I had a garden salad, cup of tea and some fries. Afterwards we went back to Stella's house at Belmont (I haven't seen it before) and the kids had a great time together - I couldn't get McKenzie to leave. Dominic was totally worn out and was asleep by the time we got to Cannon Hill!

Dom woke up when we got home and he was quite cranky, so I fed him dinner, got him bathed and he was asleep at 6.30pm.

Kenz on the other hand, wasn't that easy to get to sleep - I think she went about 8.20pm.

Resold our queen bed and the pram on eBay - so hopefully they go this weekend.

No comments: