Wednesday, February 6, 2008

What a crappy start to the week

So where do I start?

Lets see, over the weekend the fridge wasn't feeling very cold and I was pretty certain that it had died, so first thing Monday morning Ben phoned Fisher & Paykel to get someone out to look at it. They can't come until Thursday! This fridge is only 2 years and 2 months old (thankfully we bought an extended warranty with it!). Lots of stuff thrown out of the fridge today.

Tuesday, nothing majorly exciting happened for me. Just the usual work, school, child care etc.

Tuesday Ben went to go a great photography Seminar, so that was a positive for him!

Wednesday I phoned our bank about our mortgage, as we got a letter from them, because every February they up the interest rates (in other words, they don't do it when there are rate increases- and got the shock of my life when I was told that we were underpaying our mortgage and it is now going up $88 a WEEK!!!! I was almost in tears at work.

Don't you think the bank would have contacted us within the year and said "hey, you need to increase your repayments?" - No that would be too easy.

Time to look for a mortgage broker, a new loan or a payrise!!!

Then after lunch I answered a phone call at work and a defendant was threatening to kill herself so she didn't have to go to Court, so that was a bit depressing for me and sort of wrecked my whole day.

Wednesday night I was also a bit stressed about how were were going to pay the extra mortgage repayments and if I should go back to work another day and do 4 days a week - only thing is work has just employed someone to do jobshare with me on Thursdays and Fridays - and I have Dom on a waiting list for child care - so that might take months yet before they get another spot there!!

No comments: