Monday, April 28, 2008

Another sad day - Pa's funeral

I was really not looking forward to today.

I dropped the kids off at school and child care and then I went and bought some helium balloons to take to the funeral and some flowers for Mum & Dad, Nanna, and Rich and Beck (Rochelle went halves with me, otherwise I would have bought her some too).

I picked Kenz up from school and Dom from child care about 11.30am. Poor Dom had been bitten on the arm, and I wasn't impressed, but I wasn't in any mood to complain about it.

The 4 of us then headed down to Southport to Metropolitan Funerals and we were practically one of the first ones there. It was nice in a way, because we could greet everyone when they came into the service.

We checked out the DVD and thankfully that worked properly - we were worried that it wouldn't work (because their system wasn't compatable) but it was all good.

Anyway it was a lovely service, Nanna did extremely well. Mum and Dad were good and Rich did pretty well too. Rochelle and I were a tad bit upset and we set each other off!

McKenzie was wonderful and was trying to comfort Rochelle and Dom was great as he just sat on Ben's lap.

Once the service was finished, I gave the helium balloons to Rochelle (myself) Bree and Zac as the grandchildren and the other 2 to McKenzie and Dominic who are the great-grandchildren and we released them into the wind. Ok, it was probably a tad bit windier than I would have liked as the balloons pretty much got whisked away, but it was still a very nice gesture (I was surprised the little kids let go of the balloons!).

Then we went to the Tigers Club (Aussie Rules) where Nanna and Pa went for lunches regularly. It was nice to catch up with everyone there.

Then we drove back to Brisbane for dinner and bed - I was emotionally drained.

No comments: