Monday, December 31, 2007

New Years EVE

We had a really busy day today, just running around, trying to get things done before the year is over!

Grocery shopping so we could take some food and drinks to the NY EVE party, back to Bunnings, to a nursery (we needed 1 plant) and planted it and also trying to stay dry and out of the heavy showers. We also had to get some meat for the bbq, I bought Dominic a new little sleeping bag (to keep him in his cot!) and had a look in a pet store.

Then we went around to Ian and Sandie's place at Auchenflower with a bunch of other photographers (who Ben has breakfast with on Thursdays) - and their wives and children - everyone was really nice.

Poor Dominic was playing with a battery operated toy train and the wheels turn around - anyway he says to me "Help Mummy" and he's holding the train above his head. It wasn't until I looked closer to see that the train wheels had actually caught his hair and it was all twisted around the wheels. I was trying to stay calm. Ben wanted to cut his hair off but it was a huge chunk and it was actually pulling his scalp up so it would have hurt like hell but Dom was very brave!!! (Don't get me wrong, I would have cut it out if I had to, but I just slowly picked out the strands of his hair - trying to work out which way it has been caught - and eventually I got most of his hair out - poor kid!

See never a dull moment with our kids!!

We were the last to leave at about 8pm and we came home, McKenzie watched the 9pm fireworks and then she fell asleep (she wanted to stay up until Midnight like she has previous years) and Ben and I just sat up until midnight and then went to bed. A quiet night but a nice way to end the year and start another one!

No comments: